HERE IS A LITTLE BEHIND THE SCENES ACTION FOR Y'ALL FROM TODAY AT JUICY!!
GETTIN' ALL DOLLED UP.... HAIR AND MAKEUP TIME!
ALL READY! LET'S DO THIS!!!!
ET VOILA!! THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW... STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!
THESE FRESH TO DEATH PHOTOS WERE TAKEN BY THE GARANCE DORÉ!! IT WAS FUN REUNITING IN NYC... SO COOL THAT SHE AND SCOTT CAME TO MY TINY HOMETOWN IN NAPA VALLEY LAST YEAR (CHECK IT OUT!). I'M SURE YOU GET THE IDEA OF HOW LOVELY GARANCE IS THROUGH HER BLOG AND VIDEOS, BUT I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ANYWAY... SHE IS HEAVEN! SHE IS SMILING THE WHOLE TIME SHE SHOOTS, HAS THE BEST ATTITUDE, IS 100% AUTHENTIC AND TOTALLY GRACIOUS. I AM SO HAPPY TO KNOW SUCH A SPECIAL PERSON. ALSO... CONGRATULATIONS TO SCOTT AND GARANCE FOR WINNING THE CFDA MEDIA AWARD! YOU BOTH DESERVE IT!
I AM WEARING A J CREW SHIRT, RAG & BONE JEANS, H&M PARKA WITH VANS!
GET ON WITCHA BAD SELF....
SENNA: WOW. THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT BRAZILIAN FORMULA 1 DRIVER AYRTON SENNA'S REMARKABLE LIFE AND RACING CAREER TAKING PLACE IN THE LATE 80'S TO EARLY 90'S. WITHIN THE FIRST 15 MINUTES I WAS HOOKED AND ALREADY PLACED THIS MOVIE IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITES ALONGSIDE THE FALL AND THE ARTIST. I BARELY HAVE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS MOVIE. SENNA WAS PASSIONATE, FAIR AND A WORLD CLASS STUD. JUST WATCH IT.
JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI: ALSO WOW!! THIS IS THE STORY OF JIRO ONO, WHO IS CONSIDERED BY MANY TO BE THE BEST SUSHI CHEF IN THE WORLD. HIS RESTAURANT LOCATED IN A TOKYO TRAIN STATION SEATS 10 PEOPLE AND IS THE ONLY SUSHI RESTAURANT TO ACHIEVE 3 MICHELIN STARS. HIS DEDICATION TO SUSHI AND PERFECTION IS UNPARALLELED. I LOVED THE DYNAMICS BETWEEN JIRO, HIS SONS AND JAPANESE TRADITION SHOWN IN THIS FILM. AT 85 YEARS OLD JIRO IS ADORABLE AND INTRIGUING. THE CINEMATOGRAPHY IS SO BEAUTIFUL AS WELL. I'M DYING TO GO BACK TO JAPAN! JUST WATCH IT.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES?? I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE BILL CUNNINGHAM MOVIE AND SHOULD PROBABLY BE KICKED OUT OF NYC FOR THAT. LET'S MAKE A LIST! COMMENT/TWEET AWAY!
BUENOS DIAS! I AM PSYCHED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I WILL BE REPORTING AS AN OFFICIAL FASHION CORRESPONDENT FOR JUICY COUTURE! I WILL BE SHARING MY EXPERIENCE THIS WEEK LEADING UP TO THE UNVEILING OF THE NEW COLLECTION AT THE EDITOR'S PRESENTATION! WITH JUICY, THINGS ARE ALWAYS FABULOUS SO LOOK OUT FOR OUR VIDEOS ON KISSSER AND JUICY'S TUMBLR!
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED WITH 21 JUICY QUESTIONS!
1. THE MOMENT THAT INSPIRED MY WORK: My best friends from Napa and I have been playing dress up since we were 3… and we still do!!!
2. THE WARDROBE ITEMS CURRENTLY IN TOP ROTATION: Jeans by Mother, Newbark flats, T-shirts by Kain.
3. IF I COULD OWN ANY PIECE OF COUTURE PAST OR PRESENT IT WOULD BE: Any look from Fall 2010 Couture Givenchy or most any Alexander McQueen. I especially love the final looks in Spring 07 and Spring 05.
4. A TREND I WILL ALWAYS SIT OUT: All of them and none of them! I am totally open to new trends and will wear what resonates with me at that moment.
5. YOU’D LIKE TO TAKE ME OUT TO DINNER, I SUGGEST… You bring your appetite because I like to DINE!
6. THE CAUSE I’M MOST PASSIONATE ABOUT: Spreading smiles and love to all those you encounter in your everyday life. BE NICE!
7. THE SIGNATURE LOOK I WILL ALWAYS RETURN TO: My beloved motorcycle jacket over anything.
8. IT’S 10 P.M. ON SATURDAY YOU CAN FIND ME…. Drinking rosé and dancing!
9. MY GREATEST TALENT: Rallying the troops. Let’s Go!
10. MY STYLE ICON: Anita Pallenberg.
11. MY CURRENT NON-FASHION OBSESSION: Learning about wine.
12. YOU ASK FOR MY NO. 1 STYLE TIP, I SAY… SMILE!!!!
13. THE BEST GIFT I EVER RECEIVED: The opportunity to start my own wine label on my 21st birthday!
14. MY FAVORITE TRAVEL DESTINATION: Home to Napa Valley! Also, I’m dying to go to Jamaica.
15. MY FAVORITE THING TO DO IN L.A. IS: Spending time with my boyfriend who lives there, and walking around the hills checking out the beautiful houses.
16. YOU SAY JUICY TRACKSUIT, I SAY… Cozy time!
17. THE LAST SONG I LISTENED TO: “Heartbreaker” by Mariah Carey ft Jay-Z.
18. THE LAST JUICY BOOK I READ: The Great Gatsby.
19. IF I HAD A SUPER POWER IT WOULD BE: Healing powers.
20. MY CURRENT GIRL CRUSH: Rihanna.
21. FAVORITE NAIL POLISH COLOR: Lucky Lavender!!!!!
HERE I AM FILMING THE LOVELY LADIES AT THE CASTING! MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING @JUICY_COUTURE AND @KISSSER ON INSTAGRAM FOR INSTANT BEHIND THE SCENES FUN!
I LOVE C MAGAZINE! ITS ALL ABOUT CALIFORNIA... HOW COULD IT NOT BE THE BEST!? THIS MONTH I JOIN THE RANKS OF THE C GIRLS ALONGSIDE HOTTIES LIKE GIA COPPOLA, STELLA BERKOFSKY, LANGLEY FOX, AND LILY CHAPIN. I LOVE THIS PICTURE TAKEN BY DAVID CAMERON AND STYLED BY SAMANTHA TRAINA. THE VEST BY ALTAZURRA IS RED LEATHER AND IS DIVINE! I ALSO WORE THE MOST GORGEOUS EARRING I'VE EVER SEEN BY JILL HOFFMEISTER AT ROSEARK! (I WAS SO EXCITED TO REUNITE WITH IT AFTER WEARING IT AT MY NYLON SHOOT!) IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY WITH THE C MAGAZINE CREW AND HUGE THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE TEAM! XX
MICHELE OUELLET - 23 ・ VINTNER + MODEL + BLOGGER
ST. HELENA, LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK
BORN AND RAISED IN THE NAPA VALLEY, MICHELE OUELLET, AN UP-AND-COMING MODEL AND AUTHOR OF THE BLOG KISSSER.COM, CO-FOUNDED THE WINE LABEL LORENZA ROSÉ WITH HER MOTHER, MELINDA KEARNEY, FOUR YEARS AGO.
STYLE: FRESH. ICONS: THE ROLLING STONES GIRLS: ANITA PALLENGBERG, MARIANNE FAITHFULL, BIANCA JAGGER. UPCOMING PROJECTS: FASHION WEEK IN NY AND HARVEST! ALSO, A JEWELRY COLLABORATION WITH MINOR OBSESSIONS. HANGOUT: THE GETTY. RESTAURANT: THOMAS KELLER'S AD HOC. MY CALIFORNIA: GETTING BACK TO MY COUNTRY ROOTS AT THE CALISTOGA FAIRGROUNDS IN THE SUMMER. SPRINT CAR RACES, THE DEMOLITION DERBY... IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME.
IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, YOU HAVE PROBABLY LOVED MODELINIA.COM FOR A LONG TIME NOW... I AM SO EXCITED TO BE DOING SOME BLOGGING FOR THEM... IT IS ABOUT THINGS I LIKE TO EAT AND WHAT I WEAR ON MY DINING ADVENTURES! NOW I HAVE BEEN INSPIRED TO CREATE A BRAND NEW TUMBLR CALLED KISSSER EATS! FINALLY A PLACE WHERE ALL MY FOOD PICTURES CAN LIVE.... HERE IS THE FIRST POST FROM MODELINIA AND I CAN'T WAIT TO DO MORE!
Meet our March guest blogger, Michele Ouellet; the fashion industry’s latest model muse who’s not only drop dead gorgeous, but knows her fair share about the wine and food industry as well. Born and raised in Napa Valley, California, Michele divides her time between two amazing jobs: a full-time globetrotting model (she just went to Vietnam to shoot Free People’s March catalog) and vintner for Lorenza Rosé, a wine label she owns with her mom. Though a newcomer to the modeling world, Michele has already graced the pages of Vogue and caused quite the stir as Jenna Lyon’s doppelganger at J.Crew’s Fall 2012 presentation. We have a feeling this year’s not only going to be great for her modeling career, but for her wine label as well - she has a new vintage coming out in April!
For her first installment as a Modelinia guest blogger, we had Michele document her fashionable culinary excursion to Los Angeles, where she was busy promoting Lorenza Rosé’s latest vintage. Check out what she wore, where she ate, and what she enjoyed during her stay!
Last week I was in LA promoting my new vintage of Lorenza Rosé. In between meetings I enjoyed lunch at Flore Vegan in Silverlake. This place is amazing! ‘The Salad’ has pretty much everything you could want! Beets, carrots, sprouts, avocado, baked tofu, hummous… delicious! The ‘Mint Cooler’ is made with cucumber, apple, agave and mint! The food here is simply divine. Super fresh and the true flavors of the ingredients shine! I wore jeans by Mother with a Madewell white button down and Newbark flats. My sunglasses and tiny gold purse are both by Prada. I love wearing fun accessories with a sense of humor! After lunch we took a stroll around the neighborhood and stopped in at Intelligentsia for a cappuccino. The line is long and its really quite a scene, but the coffee there is JUST TOO GOOD! — Michele Ouellet
THIS IS THE MUST HAVE BOOK OF THE YEAR! IT IS A COLLECTION OF SOME OF THE MOST STYLISH, BEAUTIFUL, AND SPECIAL WOMEN ON THE PLANET! IT IS THE FIRST BOOK BY MY DEAR FRIEND AND AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER, CLAIBORNE SWANSON FRANK. HOW HOT IS LILY ALDRIDGE ON THAT COVER!
WE SHOT THIS PORTRAIT IN NAPA VALLEY AND I HAVE TO SAY ITS ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE PICTURES EVER TAKEN OF ME!
CLAIBORNE IS NOT ONLY MEGA-TALENTED, BUT ONE OF THE MOST GORGEOUS GIRLS I'VE EVER SEEN!!! SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SO SUPPORTIVE OF ME AND I AM INSPIRED BY HER AUTHENTICITY AND LOVING SPIRIT.
THANK YOU TO CLAIBORNE AND ASSOULINE FOR INCLUDING ME IN THIS BOOK. I AM THRILLED AND HUMBLED TO BE IN THESE PAGES AMONG ALL THESE AMERICAN BEAUTIES! SOLANGE KNOWLES, JOAN SMALLS, JENNA LYONS, ALL THE VOGUETTES, THE LIST GOES ON! PURCHASE YOUR COPY AT ASSOULINE AND VISIT CLAIBORNE'S SHOW AT THE LU MAGNUS GALLERY IN NYC OPENING MARCH 30TH!